Applications are invited from qualified Nigerian University graduates to participate in the 2018/2019 Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) selection exercise.
The awards are tenable in the United Kingdom in any of two categories:
– One year taught Masters course; or
– Doctoral degrees of up to three years duration.
Candidates without any of the following requirements need not to apply:
A first Degree of at least Second Class Upper for Masters and Relevant Master degree in addition to a Second Class degree for Doctoral;
Admission into at least one (1) UK Higher Institutions listed in this website: http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities;
Evidence of supporting statement from a prospective supervisor from your chosen institutions in the UK for PhD only;
Evidence of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge /Exemption Certificate only;
Candidates selected may be required to provide evidence of a particular level of competence in the use of English; and
A Medical Certificate of Fitness obtained from a Government Hospital.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications for CSFP Award should be made through the Electronic Application System (EAS).
1. Log on to: www.csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/Electronic ApplicationSystem.htm
2. Click on EAS portal, register and complete the form online.
3. Upload your scanned passport photograph, academic transcripts, birth certificate and admission letter received from UK institution listed.
4. Submit your completed application form online on or before 23.59 (GMT) on 22nd February, 2018.
5. Create a PDF version of the completed application form, download and print two (2) hard copies for submission at the interview venue.
All candidates who have met the requirements stipulated in the advertorials and have successfully completed and submitted their EAS forms online are invited to the interview with the following documents:
i. Two (2) hard copies of the EAS forms;
ii. All original credentials and two (2) copies of each;
iii. Evidence of submission of three (3) referees’ reports attached to each application form;
iv. Evidence of Supporting statement from UK Supervisor for PhD only;
v. Original academic transcripts;
vi. Original and copy of NYSC discharge/exemption Certificate only;
vii. A Medical certificate of Fitness obtained from a Government Hospitals;
viii. Two (2) passport size photographs; and
ix. Evidence of any special awards(s), prizes, academic publications and sample of work.
i. Candidates must ensure that they are duly accredited before the interview;
ii. Any candidate without the requirements mentioned eligibility will not be accredited for the interview;
iii. No interview will be conducted for any candidate who fails to attend the interview on the date scheduled for their zone of origin;
iv. All Foreign certificates must be accompanied by the official English translation and evaluation;
v. Candidates are advised to monitor the progress of their online application to ascertain the status of the referee’s response before the date of the interview;
vi. Candidates should consider the following developmental priority areas as applicable to a specific field of specialization in writing their proposal:
– Science and technology for development,
– Strengthening health systems and capacity,
– Promoting global prosperity,
– Strengthening global peace, security and governance,
– Strengthening resilience and response to crises
– Access, inclusion and opportunity;
vii. Applications will be graded on Academic Merit, likely development impact on completion of the study and quality of study plan;
viii. Only candidates who chose Federal Scholarship Board as their Nominating Agency are to attend the interview.
(a) A minimum of Second Class Upper (21) degree for Masters;
(b) NYSC discharge/ exemption certificate;
(c) Admission letter from any of the UK universities listed in the Commonwealth website, need not to appear for the interview.